CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

The bad old days - pre Jamie




I thought it was worth remembering what we used to serve up as school dinner to our kids pre 2005. We have come such a long way since then. Just scroll back through my posts to see pictures of what the kids are eating now. I am looking to feature school food pictures from schools outside of Merton. Please send me a pic of your school dinners at your school! leave me a comment and I will be in touch.

4 comments:

heather said...

OMG! What actually is any of that? Appalling!

Jackie said...

That is what children got served on a daily basis in most Merton schools. They were often served "shapes" made from cheap nasty reformulated meat or fish, covered in breadcrumbs.

Happily, thanks to campaigning parents those days are now over. The parents persuaded the authority to build new kitchens and use fresh ingredients to cook meals on site.

Have a look back through the blog to see what kids eat now!

Unknown said...

Ring those changes!

Nurse Jobs said...

You are doing very valuable work by raising awareness on such important food related issues, keep up the great work!